Sunday 15 May 2011

Andrea's Diary

In the afternoon on the 29th of march my class and the 3clt class left from the airport Galilelo Galilei to Amsterdam
Amsterdam was a very nice city! I think the best city that I have seen in all of my life, because I love freedom.
The next day we took the bus to go to Bakkeveen. Bakkeveen is the village where we went to stay for the Education Systems project with the other students form other countries.
When we arrived there we met Hans. He was the headteacher, who organised us in our bedrooms.
In this school village we met many people who came from Germany, France, Netherlands and England.
Every night we had meetings in the conference room where each country talked about their education system. After that every country showed a typical game from their own country, which we had to do all together.
In this “village” there was a restaurant where we had breakfast, sometimes lunch and dinner. We could also play football because there was a big football field in to the wood.
I loved this place because it was into the nature but at the same time you could have whatever you wanted. In fact we slept in two buildings where at the end of the corridor there was a very nice living room.
The first night we saw a concert by a Dutch band! They were amazing. I remember that it was the first time which we started to know each other!
For the whole school trip we stayed in Bekkaveen but only to have our meals and to sleep or sometimes to make some sports and games.
We visited Leeuwarden, the city where the Dutch guys live and study, twice. In this city we went to the “Montessori college”, where we participated in some lessons, we visited the city centre and the most important landmarks.
On the 2nd of April we went back to Amsterdam. During the bus trip we stopped in Zaanse Schans where we saw the very old Dutch mills. They were very fascinating and impressive.
In Amsterdam we saw the Van Gogh museum and the Riiksmuseum. We also took a boat for a sightseeing tour in the famous canals of Amsterdam.
On Sunday we visited a very typical Dutch village where the captains used to live several years ago. After that we went to the swimming pool. We had a lot of fun! It was nice!
We went also to visit the Stenden University, where the students go to study economics and tourism.
The day after, in international groups, we talked about the school system in each country. We found solutions to improve each education system and we had to think about the best education system which we could have!
The last day we woke up at 4 a.m. because we had the bus. That day I was late as usual and for this I didn’t greet everybody. I miss my friends and in these eight days I have met a lot of people who come from different country. This experience changed my life and this summer I hope to see them again because I'm going to travel around Europe with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment